Welcome to the Student Support Services. The Student Support Team are here to assist you.
- Career, Educational and Vocational Guidance
- Counselling Services
- Disability Supports
- Signposting to relevant information and referral where appropriate
Access the the GTI Referral Form here: https://forms.office.com/r/hGVxcTUjNn
Links to Progression Related Websites:
Useful websites to support your career research
Video for QQI Applicants: http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=video&l=84849240
Career Related Websites
Progression to college in Ireland and Abroad
Websites to help with career research
Useful Health and Wellbeing Information:
Wellbeing is feeling good about yourself, the world around you and functioning well in everyday life, most of the time. Being resilient and coping with the normal stresses of life is also an important attribute of wellbeing. There are many things that can influence your wellbeing. These include exercise, diet, sense of belonging, relationships, career, self-care, spirituality, money, where we live, and sense of purpose.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing - Mental Health Ireland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsc2QkCC3uI
We can all find it difficult at times and there are some wonderful support available. Some self-directed online courses available on Aware (www.aware.ie) are:
- Space from Stress
- Space for Sleep
- Space for Resilience
- Space from Covid-19
They can be accessed here: https://www.aware.ie/programmes/online-self-directed/
Anxiety is a common feeling that everyone experiences at some stage. It can be a normal emotional response to many stressful situations.
Anxiety is also a natural, understandable emotional response that can help us prepare for challenges. These could be sitting an exam or worrying about a potentially awkward social occasion.
If you are feeling overwhelmed with Anxiety here is some more information that may be of use for you
We live in a really busy world and we often get distracted and overwhelmed. Mindfulness is a useful skill to help with slowing down and returning your awareness from your wandering mind to what’s happening in the present moment, and doing so with acceptance. You have to return your awareness again and again because the mind wanders endlessly.
Thich Nhat Hanh explains mindfulness beautifully.
There are wonderful free resources to help develop mindfulness skills. Mindfulness has been proven to reduce stress, anxiety and depression. Check out some of these webpages
Information on Grants and Finance
Accommodation Information (Websites to help you in your search):
Some Guidelines on House Sharing
- At all times please adhere to the HSE guidelines on Covid-19 to ensure that you, your housemates and the wider population stay safe, well and happy.
- Be Clear from the Start, agree rotas for cleaning and agree guest policy.
- Ask before borrowing your housemate’s stuff
- Address issues while they are small
- Shared spaces are shared by all. Be respectful of this and don’t leave your stuff hanging around.
- Be friendly without expecting to be BFFs
- Be open to change, trying new things and meeting new people
- Treat your roommate in the way he/she would want to be treated = RESPECT!
GP’s in Galway.